3.12.09

what colour is my tongue?


When presented with unoccupied events in space/time that do not require ones immediate attention, it is easy to drift off into a world where the only thoughts are your own and moments of clarity and thoughtful introspection are offered. I have been wrestling with Steve's "A Brief History of Time", causing me to fall asleep most nights consumed with more questions than answers, but ultimately, a solid sleep ensues. Last night however, I awoke following a bad dream and was wide awake. I usually write meaningful or at least entertaining passages in my journal when sleep is the last thing on the menu, but last night was different. All I could manage to think about was how stupid going to the gym is. I can (almost) see why people engage in physical activity, but why not save a few bucks and RUN AROUND THE BLOCK? Or lift a fucking phone book? I was starting to get really annoyed when I remembered something even more tragic. They discontinued Sparks. And I can't even remember what drinking sparks at 4am looks like anymore. And so it continues. No sleep, the world is beyond depressing and I may never taste the sweet nectar of kool-aid, energy drink and cheap beer in a single can again. Cest la vie.
PS I do not feel guilty about the dumbness of this post bc sparks are the epitome of science.
PPS Why would they put his picture on the damn cover if they weren't intending to induce nightmares?

No comments:

Post a Comment